Viddsee Juree Awards (‘Juree’) is an annual industry pick award celebrating best short films from Singapore, Indonesia and the Philippines. In each edition, the countries’ brightest talents and storytellers submit their films to a panel of international judges, who will then handpick the winning entries. Viddsee amplifies the out-of-competition entries and finalists to our audience communities.
Juree is part of Viddsee’s commitment to grow a network of prestigious storytellers, to support local film communities, and to inspire a new generation of storytellers across Asia.
This year, Viddsee Juree Awards Singapore 2020 will take place online, allowing us to keep everyone connected through online film screenings, insightful talks with the film community, and live awarding. More details of the programme will be updated here.
Viddsee Filmmaker Gold Kit
Viddsee will present the Gold winner with the Viddsee Filmmaker Gold Kit. This includes a 13-inch Macbook Air, Adobe’s 12-month Creative Cloud All Apps subscription, a Gold Plaque, and exclusive Viddsee merchandise.
Viddsee Filmmaker Silver Kit
Viddsee will present the Silver winner with the Viddsee Filmmaker Silver Kit. This includes a Silver Plaque, Adobe’s 12-month Creative Cloud All Apps subscription, and exclusive Viddsee merchandise.
Viddsee Filmmaker Finalist Kit
Viddsee will present the 10 finalists with Adobe’s 12-month Creative Cloud All Apps subscription and finalist certificates.
Viddsee Filmmaker Audience Choice Kit
Viddsee will present the Audience Choice Award winner with an Apple TV and Audience Choice certificate.
More prizes to be announced later.
Kiki Fung is Programmer for the Hong Kong International Film Festival. She was previously Head Programmer for the Brisbane International Film Festival and Brisbane Asia Pacific Film Festival, and Industry Consultant for the Asia Pacific Screen Awards. She has guest-curated for the Brisbane Festival and Sydney’s Museum of Contemporary Art and was Film Program Manager for the Melbourne International Arts Festival. Before moving to Australia in 2010, she served at the Hong Kong Film Archive in areas of publication editing, management and program coordination. Fung is an essayist, member of the Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema and a member of the Hong Kong Film Critics Society.
Alemberg Ang was a schoolteacher for ten years before shifting into film production. ANG has collaborated with filmmakers mostly on their first and second features. His filmography includes Alvin Yapan’s The Rapture of Fe (Jury Prize in Cinemalaya; Best Digital Feature at Cairo), Petersen Vargas’ 2 Cool 2 Be Forgotten (Best Picture at Cinema One Originals; Audience Award at Torino LGBTQI ), and Loy Arcenas’ The Portrait (Best Picture at MMFF, Asian Future Competition in Tokyo). Ang has participated in the UNESCO Meeting of Independent Producers, Rotterdam Lab, Berlinale Talents, SEAFIC, Cinemart, Locarno Open Doors, Tribeca Film Institute Network and Cannes Cinefondation’s Atelier. His filmmaking is shaped by his passion for teaching, socio-civic issues, and Philippine art and literature. He dreams of one day making literature mainstream.
Juan Foo is candidly regarded as the pioneer independent producer who is ‘still’ around for the past 20 years. He produced Singapore’s first digital film, ‘RETURN TO PONTIANAK’, first HD-feature ‘DIRTY LAUNDRY’ and indie-cult film ‘PERTH’. He began his film journey in script reading and distribution for a film finance company and freelanced in editing and production. Additionally, Juan trained in traditional cel animation and worked in Japanese anime. He also worked in WDA, MDA and U Creative in talent development, quality assessment and outreach. As an educator, Juan teaches filmmaking in NUS-CFA and has taught producing at NTU-ADM Film and NP-FMS-FSV, firmly believing that the next generation of content talent is in producers. He is now attached to Taipan Films developing and producing motion picture content, most recently, with Singapore’s first creature monster film, ‘Circle Line’.
- Films must be completed after 1st January 2018 till present
- To join this competition, you are required to submit your film entry from 30th Jun 2020 onwards
- You can submit more than 1 film entry
- Film submission deadline: 20th Aug 2020
- Films can be released theatrically or available online (i.e. YouTube, Vimeo) prior to festival competition
- Films can be from all genres: fiction, documentary, animation
- Films can be presented in their original native language/dialect. Non-English language films are recommended to have English-language subtitles hard-burned in the video or provided in .srt format with original copy
- Viddsee does not accept works in progress or trailers
- Duration of films is preferred to be no longer than 30 minutes (including end credits)
- Films selected for Viddsee Juree Awards Singapore 2020 showcase will be streamed online on Viddsee’s platform and they will not be allowed for a takedown for a period of two years
- Film(s) does not infringe any rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights or intellectual property rights, including any music-related rights, is not defamatory or indecent, does not violate any applicable law or regulation (that is, is not illegal), or does not otherwise violate any rights of any person or entity. In particular, we stress that plagiarism, copying, and blatant infringement of the intellectual property and other rights of others is not acceptable.
- For further enquiries, please write in to us: email@example.com
To qualify, the film must meet two of the three following standards:
- The Director is a current Singapore Resident or a Singaporean
- The Executive Producer and/or Producer and/or Screenwriter must be a Singaporean, or resident
- At least 70% of the film was shot in Singapore
Submitting Your Film
Here are the few steps to submit your film:
- Go to creator.viddsee.com
- Sign up for a Viddsee Creator account using your Facebook or email account
- Fill up your personal details to complete the film license agreement
- Click on the button Add a new film to start uploading your film
JureeSG2020in the “Referral code” field box
- Submit your film to Viddsee for curation. We will get back to you on the status of your film submission!
After submitting your film, there will be a selection process by Viddsee’s curation team. After the selection is completed, we will send an email notification to the selected filmmakers. If your film is selected for Viddsee Juree Awards Singapore 2020, it will be screened online on viddsee.com platform on 8th Sep 2020, and added to a channel collection named “Viddsee Juree Awards Singapore 2020”. Out of these selected films, Viddsee’s curation team will select the top 10 films to further participate in the in-competition segment. The winning films from the in-competition segment will be chosen by the Judges.